Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bookmark

This weekend was spent canning spaghetti sauce!  My eldest daughter, my youngest and even my granddaughter got in on the action!  So, as far as crafting, I didn't get too much done!

I made this bookmark for my youngest daughter to encourage her to read more.  I promised she could have this bookmark at the end of the book we borrowed from a girl at work.  I have such great girls I work with!

It's a Tim Holtz inspired bookmark.  Sorry fellow Cricuteers, no Cricut cuts here!   The tag was made from dictionary pages glued to card stock, adhered and inked with Ranger distress inks. The copper finishings are Tim Holtz and so are the gears.  The gears were cut out of grunge board and then painted with copper paint and then distress stickles over top.  The birds stamp and the "Enjoy the Journey" stamp is from you know who!  The words are "Read", "Dream", "Thoughts", "Going Places", "Trip" and of course "Enjoy the Journey!"The rub-ons are by Glitz.  I found the other things just rummaging through my stash.  I think it turned out pretty good.  My daughter loves it!

And "yes!" she did finish the book!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. I love these bookmarks! They are so adorable!! Cant wait to see more great stuff!

    P.S. I left something for you over on my blog:
    http://littlemomentscreations.blogspot.com/2011/02/award.html

    :o)

    ReplyDelete