Monday, January 2, 2012

Groovy Valentine!

I could not resist getting Groovy when it went on sale!  It has a lot of fun designs on it.  I was sold as soon as I saw the smiley face! 

I also got a few of the gorgeous stamps from The Greeting Farm collection when they went on sale.  They have such gorgeous stamps!  I am so glad companies realize that we don't want all want our stamps wood mounted!  They take up so much space!  I need to work on my coloring skills again as I've seriously let them slide since my Cricut came to town! I'd love to be able to take a copic class!   I'm trying to resurrect the usage of stamps to combine with my Cricut.  I think they are both wonderful! 

The smiley face/flowers and "Groovy" are from the Groovy cartridge.  I welded the letters from Life's a Party for "valentine" together with my Gypsy.  I used copics to color the little girl - Gigi.  She is so darling! I added some Scribbles - which is a 3D paint on necklace and then put her on pop dots.    The paper is DCWV - Blossoms & Butterflies and is just perfect for that Groovy feel I was looking for!  I went around the outside edge with a purple copic marker.   I originally stopped with that, but I'm trying to use up some of my supplies so I then put on some bling and attached some ribbon with the tiny attacher from Ranger.  I am very please with the way this turned out and may be "forced" to do a few more groovy Valentines!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Love the colors and message!
    From a 70's college student!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete