Monday, March 11, 2013

First CAS Card

This is my first attempt at a CAS card.  (Clean and Simple) 

What I didn't know was how much stress it would cause me!  I tend to make fancier cards, or at least those with more embellishments.  I literally was shaking when I did this!  Good grief!  I originally put the three flags on just the white background, like I see in so many CAS forums.  I got so nervous, I had to put some purple on there before I could walk away!  The idea is to keep the cards simple with the focus on the design.  I did mange to do that.  It's tough looking at it and not "embellishing" it! 
 
I really wanted to go beyond my comfort zone and try these CAS cards.  I love the way they look, but have not felt comfortable enough doing them.  I found this new(to me) site CAS-ual Fridays which has a challenge each week on Fridays.  I also found out they do these cards each week in SCS in a forum challenge each Monday.  Also on Monday, there is a "try a new technique" at Splitcoast as well.  The challenges were:  CAS-ual Fridays - blocks of color.  SCS:  sketch challenge.  I also used their new technique challenge which was a graduated color challenge.  They worked well together. 

My card may not be a winner in any category, but I made it through my first card!  Yippee! 





I will be entering this into the CAS-ual Fridays Color Blocks Challenge

9 comments:

  1. I think your card looks awesome. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doreen, what a fab first attempt on making a CAS card!!! I know, CAS cards can be challenging but you did a great job!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays for the first time! Hope to see you again, next week! :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty colors and design. awesome first CAS card!! it's beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to really stretch your creativity, Doreen! You've done a fantastic job on your first CAS card. Sure hope it won't be your last : ) We're so happy to have you join the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee! You did a great job and way to go on challenging yourself to try something new. Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! I hope you'll play with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doreen, you really nailed the CAS style and even managed to add a lot of interesting texture in there! Congrats on stretching out of your comfort zone and trying something new. I should be brave and do the same more often! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The color blocked flags were a perfect approach, and the little pops of pattern from your butterflies are a fun addition :) You did GREAT on your first CAS card, and I'm so glad you shared it with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT card!! Looks like you do CAS quite well! ;) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love the banners! Thanks so much for joining us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete