Saturday, April 23, 2011

Manly Boys

Ever buy a Cricut cartridge really wanting one image?  Wrap It Up! was like that for me.  I really like some of the images, but this car was the reason I bought it.  When I saw this little piece of Graph 45 paper in my sister's stash, I knew I wanted to make something for my dh with it.  Their paper is so unique from the other papers that are out there!  I was going to make an Easter card, but this kind of took on a life of its own!  I like how it turned out, but I'm not sure Easter is the time to give it to him!  Hmmm, I may have to start all over for Easter and there's not much time left! 


The crown, smoke, flower, leaves and mat were all made with cake basics.  I just went through my list to see which carts I have not used and picked it to work with!  Sometimes it works out really well when you do that!  The tag and the label on  the bottom are SU! punches.  It was late at night when I finished designing this card and didn't feel much like looking on another cart for these.  When I went to find some embellishments and found these brads in my stash, I felt like I struck gold!  They work really well and started the copper theme. I purchased the cute little coin at a dollar store.  I used Walnut Distress Ink to stamp and to distress the edges.  A couple of scraps of paper and voila!  It was done.

I really need to work on my photography.  The richness of this card is lost with my lack of skills.

I used two more carts in my quest to use them all!  Only problem is... I just got six new ones!  lol!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Great manly card! I have left a blog award for you on my blog.
    http://lolliscraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH! I LOVE this Card! Love it! :o)
    Theresa
    www.miislucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete