Saturday, September 22, 2012

Thinking of You

I recently lost a client.  It was quite sad.  I made this card for his wife.  It is following a sketch on the Cricut Circle - Canadian Members Swarm.  Anyone in the Circle can participate.  I like their rules, they are quite relaxed! 

Here is the sketch:

Here is my card:

It went together quite quickly.  Sketches make work quite easy!   I used Heritage cartridge for the charm.  I enjoy looking for hidden treasures on carts.  I try to use different carts as often as possible.  I love the butterfly image.  It looks like a Martha Stewart type butterfly, but since it's out of its package, I'm not sure if it is.  I was trying to make more space in my craft room and took almost all of my stamps out of their packages and put them in  binders.  It works great for space, not so good for knowing who makes the stamps!  lol!

I wish I had better photos.  The butterfly has glitter that make the wings very elegant and airy looking - but you can't see it.  The brad in the center of the charm in a gorgeous Teresa Collins brad - but you can't see its details either!  Oh well, you get the general idea anyway!

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. I love your card. You are so right - that brad is beautiful- so it must be even more so in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely card, all the blue papers are just gorgeous.

    Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete