Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bunny Love

Hello there!



Today I made a little Valentine's card for my grand daughter.  It was made with my new Penny Black stamp set.  I stamped the image twice.  Once on the plain paper and then again on the polka dot paper.  (Love polka dots!!!)  I cut the ears and her dress out of the polka dot paper and layered it on.  I colored the rest of the image with Copics and then cut it out.  A little flock for her tail.  The large heart I added glossy accent.  Hard to tell if she is supposed to be a Valentine's or Easter image... So I'll likely use her for both!

The heart behind her was cut out from my Cricut using Sweethearts cartridge.  I chose to save the heart for another time and use the negative.  I cut strips from paper that had already been used for a project or two and layered it behind the heart.  It's a fun way to use leftover pieces of paper in a pretty way!  I added some brads, some twine and another heart from the stamp set.    I added some white dots along the bottom.  They really changed the look of the project!

Thanks for stopping by!

Challenge:  Simon Says Stamp: Paper Piecing
                   Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
                   The Sisterhood of Crafters: Hearts
                   The Fox and the Squirrel: Something New

4 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! Love all the different paper inside the heart. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us over at the Sisterhood and playing along with our heart challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a cute image and your creation is fabulous! Love the little hearts and twine embellishment! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘I {HEART} VALENTINE’S’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    P.S. I have blog candy available through January if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable. Love how you did that heart window, reminds me of quilting. Wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gorgeous design and patchwork background. Such a sweet image and fabulous details.

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete