Friday, February 8, 2013

Another new free digi from Sliekje

This card was made for another friend.  I have asked them to tell me their favorite colors and then I go from there.  I had so much fun with this little girl!  Her snickering made me think of how we like to tease each other.  So, who could resist saying, "You're how old?"  Hehehe.  She loved the card, despite my teasing her. 


 The mats were made from Spellbinders using SU! papers.  I'm not sure about the background paper.  It's double-sided and lovely, but it's old and there was no tab along the bottom with the company name on it! 
The little girl is another digi stampfrom Sliekje.  I think she is just fabulous!  I colored her with copics. 
The butterflies are from SU! and are a Sizzix die/folder.  I love these little follows and enjoy adding them for little extras on cards. 
 The little flowers are old Cuttlebug dies.  I typed out the sentiment on the computer and cut them out. I just curled the eldges and added some Judikins Diamond Glaze.  It's a lot like Glossy Accents or Crystal Effects except you can get it in a ginormous bottle and it's not expensive!  One lesson for all of you new to it, like me.  The opening is huge compared to the others so it flows very quickly and may make a mess if you're not careful!

The chipboard hearts, the present (Making Memories) and pearl swirls have been sitting in a jar on my table since hmmm, well, I can't remember it's been so long! 
The ribbon is SU! and the rose ribbon is Maya Road, I think.
I added wee little pears on the little girl and butterflies.  They are only a couple months old.  I use them like crazy!  They are awesome for the teenie weenie little touches you need!  They are from CTMH and are the best little pearls I have ever found. 
I added the extra piece of designer paper to the inside and cut out another mat to write on.  More paper is being used and it's not quite so boring on the inside!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have an awesome day!

For the Muse challenged, I used the yellow and mats.  For Craft Us Crazy, I used my Sizzix Big Shot for the machine.   I chose some Spellbinders and Cuttlebug dies that I'm sure would qualify for antiques!  I just dusted off those dies and ran them through the Big Shot.  I forgot how easy they are to use.  Normally, I would use my Cricut, but I'm trying to dig out things I haven't used in awhile, and my Spellbinders and Cuttlebug dies definitely qualify!

Challenges I am entering:
Muse #3
Craft Us Crazy - Use Your Cutting Machines
Simon Says Stamp: Have a Heart
Papertake: Anything Goes


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Doreen :) the image is very cute, am sure your friend will love this :) , it made me smile ;)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x
    Please consider turning off word verification x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!! she makes me smile this little cutie.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Thanks for playing at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable little girl. So glad you played along at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, this image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Doreen. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely..Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments..And good luck.

    Caz xx CSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! You are very good at coloring. Love the ribbon trim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card! The rose ribbon adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete