Monday, February 11, 2013

This little digi is not free, but I like her anyway.  She is from the Saturated Canary.  I am loving the ditial stamps! 

Why am I making so many birthday cards? you may ask.   We are having a monthly birthday party for all of the girls at work, and then as close to their birthday, I am giving them each a unique card in their color(s) of choice. 

As my friend's birthday is on the 13th of Feb, so I ended up using this little girl with hearts and colored her with copics.  The colors are askew here, I see.  I can tell as the boots look red, but are really a rusty-brown.  I added glossy accents to all of the hearts.  I cut out the frames from Elegant Edges on my Expression and then ran the outer part through my Big Shot with a CuttleBug folder.  The texture really changed the look of the whole thing!  The red portion is SU! card stock and the inner portion with the flowers is a Glitz paper.  I went digging in my goodies and found those red skittles?  I added some gold cord around the frame where the two pieces meet.  That was the hardest part of the whole card!  I then added some flowers as it felt a little naked.

I used rub-ons for the Happy Birthday (now only about 2 million rub-ons to go!  lol!) and then cut out two layers with SU! punches.  The background paper is "funkadelic" and I wish I knew who's it was.  I liked it so much I picked up two pieces of it one at two different times from my stash to use while making this card!  lol!  I used a white marker on the brown for stitching and brown dots on the kraft card stock. 

The inside has been cone as well.  I am happy with the overall look of this card!

How is it possible to keep using your stash and never seem to make a dent?  That is why I joined the "using my stash" thread.  I hope it will really encourage me to keep digging in!

If you stop by and have a challenge blog or know of a fun one, please let me know.  I find it a wonderful opportunity to force myself to keep going!  The challenges are a lot of fun and I'd love to come play along with you!


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the design and colors! Your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love, love, love Saturated Canary's images. They are so much fun to color. If you haven't been to visit recently stop by my blog. It's all about coloring, and the most recent post is on Promarkers and how you can use one marker for blending and shading.
    http://sweetpea1030.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete